Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Joy of Color


I think one of my greatest inspirations when it comes to creating my digital stamp projects is the image itself. B/W Digital Stamps just cry out for me to grab something to color them in with.Guess I am still a lil girl at heart and I just love to color, to see something in black and white lines come alive. Some of my fondest memories as a child where of sitting with my sister at the feet of my great Aunt Dee and coloring while she sat in her chair and watched a bit of television, probably Art Linkletter or Merv Griffin.  She always had a special place on her bookshelf with color books just for us and one of the Giant boxes of Crayola Crayons. All those color choices and a crayon sharpener in the back of the box. This lil girl was in Heaven.

This wee lil image from Melissa at MelJens Designs, entitled Little Teenie, just made me smile as I added bright greens, oranges and a bit of purple. Naturally a brightly colored image deserves an equally bright and colorful background to find a home on.

Another set of images that just had to have lots of bright bold color: Turtle's Little Star and Starfish Buddies


There is not one blade of grass, there is no color in this world that is not intended to make us rejoice.  ­­~ John Calvin

Thank You for stopping by and I hope your day is filled with sunshine and color, no matter what the weather in your neck of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment